1 Collection and Use of Personal Information
1.1 ICPL collects personally identifiable information when you register for a subscription account with any of the ICPL websites. ICPL may also receive personally identifiable information from our business partners
1.2 When you register with an ICPL website, we ask for your name, email address, birth date, gender, occupation, industry, and personal interests. ICPL also automatically receives and records information on our server logs from your browser including your IP address, ICPL cookie information and the page you requested.
1.3 ICPL uses the information collected for three general purposes:
- to customize the advertising and content you see on our pages,
- to fulfill your requests for certain products and services, and
- to contact you about special offers and new services.
2 Information Sharing and Disclosure
2.1 It is Indlaw's policy to respect the privacy of its members. Indlaw will not monitor, edit, or disclose, to any third person, any personal information about you or your use of the service, including its contents, without your prior permission unless Indlaw has a good faith and belief that such action falls within the categories specified in 2.3:
2.2 ICPL will not sell or rent your personally identifiable information to anyone.
2.3 ICPL will send personally identifiable information about you to other companies or people when:
- We have your consent to share the information;
- We need to share your information to provide the product or service you have requested;
- We need to send the information to companies who work on behalf of ICPL to provide a product or service to you.;
- We respond to court orders or legal process;
- We need to protect and defend the rights or property of ICPL or enforce the ICPL Terms and Conditions; or
- We find that your actions on our web sites violate the ICPL Terms and Conditions or any of our usage guidelines for specific services.
2.4 ICPL may furnish details provided by Subscriber (if they are legal, tax and regulatory professionals) including the Subscriber's contact details for the ICPL Directory. It is reiterated that such information would be provided only at the option and with the express consent of a particular Subscriber. ICPL shall not be responsible for any communication received or any consequences arising to the Subscriber from having his/hers/its name registered in the ICPL Directory.
2.5 Notwithstanding what is contained herein, ICPL shall be entitled to use the information provided by the subscribers or the visitors in aggregate form for demographic characterizations and internal marketing surveys.
3.1 ICPL may set and access cookies on your computer.
3.2 A cookie is a small amount of data, which often includes an anonymous unique identifier that is sent to your browser from a web site's computers and stored on your computer's hard drive. Each web site can send its own cookie to your browser if your browser's preferences allow it, but (to protect your privacy) your browser only permits a web site to access the cookies it has already sent to you, not the cookies sent to you by other sites.
3.3 You can configure your browser to accept all cookies, reject all cookies, or notify you when a cookie is set. If you reject all cookies, you may not be able to use ICPL services that require you to "sign in," and you may not be able to take full advantage of all offerings. However, many of ICPL products and services do not require that you accept cookies.
3.4 ICPL uses its own cookies for a number of purposes, including to:
- Access your information when you "sign in," so that we can provide you with customized content, such as My Indlaw.
- Keep track of preferences you specify while you are using ICPL's services
- Display the most appropriate advertising banners, based on your interests and activity on ICPL websites.
- Assist merchants in ICPL Stores and E-Shopping marts to process the items in your shopping cart
- Estimate and report our total audience size and traffic.
- Conduct research to improve ICPL's content and services
- Require you to re-enter your ICPL website password after a certain period of time has elapsed to protect you against others accidentally accessing your account contents.
3.5 ICPL may allow other companies that are presenting advertisements on some of our pages to set and access their cookies on your computer. Other companies' use of their cookies is subject to their own privacy policies and advertisers or other companies do not have access to ICPL's cookies.
4.1 Your ICPL website Account Information is password-protected for your privacy and security.
4.2 In certain areas ICPL uses industry-standard SSL-encryption to protect data transmissions.
ICPL may edit this policy from time to time. If we make any substantial changes we will notify you by posting a prominent announcement on our pages.